[ndlr] Offre de poste de recherche sur trois ans à l’Université de Rouen. Détails ci-après :
|Post title and post no.||Early Stage Researcher|
|Organization advertising description||Groupe de Recherche d’Histoire, University of Rouen|
|Full time / Part-time||Full-time|
|Duration of post||3 years starting w/c 28th September 2015|
|Post is open to||Candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not have a doctoral degree at the time of the appointment. Applicants can be of any nationality but must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the start date of the fellowship. The position is for three years, subject to a successful probation period. The applicants should not be in possession of a doctoral degree, but they should have the required qualifications to enter on a PhD program|
|Salary and other costs||Marie Skłodowska‐Curie ITNs provide competitive financial support to the ESR including:• A competitive monthly living and mobility allowance• Coverage of the expenses related to the participation of the ESR in research and training activities (contribution to research‐related costs, meetings, conference attendance, training actions, etc.).
• Coverage of the expenses related to the participation of the ESR in research and training activities (contribution to research‐related costs, meetings, conference attendance, training actions, etc.).
|Additional information||Informal enquiries about the role can be made to Raphaelle Branche: email@example.com Please specify on application which role you are applying for|
|Closing date||14th June|
Two positions are available at the University of Rouen within the EU-funded Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Innovative Training Networks (H2020-MSCA-ITN) CHIBOW (Children Born of War – Past Present Future). The early stage researchers (ESRs) will work within the Groupe de Recherche d’HIStoire on different aspects of the life courses and experiences of Children Born of War (children fathered by foreign soldiers and born to local mothers) in different 20th century conflicts.
The ESRs will also be trained through Advanced Training Courses and workshops, topical conferences, secondments to other consortium nodes and an ambitious and carefully planned research activities benefiting from the expertise of world-leading senior academics.
We are seeking enthusiastically motivated candidates with a strong academic record holding a Master degree in a relevant subject, fluency in French and other linguistic skills and subject knowledge as required by the individual research projects.
The two positions are focused on the following topics, respectively:
- Children born of Indochina Wars: the French and American Way of approach to children fathered by their soldiers in Vietnam: CBOW during the French War in Indochina (1946-1954) and the American one in Vietnam (1964-1973). The project will examine the experiences of children who were born by women from Indochina focusing more specifically on Vietnam. It will focus on the French and US approaches.
- Reading knowledge of French and English is required, while reading knowledge of Vietnamese is desired but not required. Knowledge and practice of oral history is desired.
- Comparative Analysis of the French-fathered children of Indochina-War and Dutch-fathered children on Indonesian War: CBOW during the French War in Indochina (1946-1954) and the Dutch War in Indonesia (1945-1949). The project will examine the experiences of children who were born by women from Indochina and Indonesia focusing more specifically on colonial societies and long-term perspectives from the 19th century onward.
- Reading knowledge of French and Dutch is required. Knowledge of Asian native languages is desired as well as practice of oral history.
Please specify which role you are applying for clearly on your application
- Enroll in a PhD programme at the Groupe de Recherche d’Histoire (University of Rouen) toward a doctoral degree
- Undertake prescribed research tasks in accordance with specified research projects in order to support the achievement of the School’s CHIBOW’s research strategy.
- Undertake collection of research data through a variety of research methods
- Disseminate research findings at internal meetings, meetings of the CHIBOW network and at scientific meetings
- Prepare work for written research reports and publications when directed
- Prioritise tasks within agreed work schedule to ensure that projects are delivered on time
- Carry out routine administrative tasks associated with specified research projects, eg organisation and documentation of project meetings
- Liaise and collaborate with students and researchers at the University of Rouen and more widely within the CHIBOW network.
- Contribute to and assist in maintaining the CHIBOW web site.
- Follow best practice in research including best practice in ethical requirements
- Attend training courses
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
- Master in relevant subject area
- Ability to work as part of a team and also to work independently using own initiative
- Ability to spend part of the research time abroad, especially in Asia
- Ability to conduct interviews
- Fluency in French, as well as additional other linguistic skills and subject knowledge as required by the individual research projects
- Thorough understanding and direct relevant experience of research methods
- Reading knowledge of Vietnamese
- Speaking knowledge of Vietnamese
Planning and Organising
- Attend and contribute to subject group meetings
- Contribute to the planning of research projects
- Coordinate own work with others to avoid conflict or duplication of effort
- Liaise with colleagues, students and support staff
- Participate in internal networks for the exchange of information
To apply, please provide:
• a cover letter detailing your suitability and ambitions for the position in question
• a detailed CV
• the name and address of two referees to support your application.
All applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries can be made to email@example.com
The date of closing is June 14th 2015.
Interviews will be conducted w/c 22nd June.
Site du GRHis