[ndlr] Communiqué officiel du Bureau International d’Information Bouddhiste (IBIB).
PARIS, 23.05.2014 (IBIB) – The International Buddhist Information Bureau in Paris has received further news about Ms. Lê Thị Tuyết Mai, member of the Buddhist Youth Movement. She died today after immolating herself outside the Reunification Palace in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) at 5.30 this morning (Vietnam time). Le Thi Tuyet Mai, 47, Buddhist name Dong Xuan, was Deputy head of the Executive Committee of the Buddhist Youth Movement in ho Chi Minh City. The BYM is an educational youth movement affiliated of the Unified Buddhist Church of Vietnam
Beside her body was a 5-liter jerrycan of petrol, a lighter and several banners. The banners were inscribed:
- “Homage to the Goddess of Compassion”
- “The Unified Buddhist Church of Vietnam will survive side by side with the Vietnamese people”
- “All together against Chinese invasion”
- “I offer my body as a torch to light the path of all patriots”
- “Support the Declaration of UBCV Patriarch Thich Quang Do to oppose China’s invasion of Vietnamese waters and lands”.
Below is the coffin with the photo of Le Thi Tuyet Mai. The Unified Buddhist Church of Vietnam is calling on members of the Buddhist Youth Movement and all Buddhists at home and abroad to hold ceremonies of prayer for Le Thi Tuyet Mai and for peace and freedom in Vietnam.
Source : IBIB
Cérémonies bouddhiques pour Le Thi Tuyet Mai :
- Chùa Ðiều Ngự cầu siêu cho bà Lê Thị Tuyết Mai, Nguoi Viet, 26/05/2014.
- Hiền Vy, Lễ tưởng niệm Phật tử Lê thị Tuyết Mai tại Houston, RFA, 26/05/2014.