One of Vietnam’s most prominent political prisoners, Cu Huy Ha Vu, has been released from jail and arrived in the United States with his wife, sources in the U.S. said Monday, in a move his son said had been expected for some time.
Vu, 56, a rights lawyer who was imprisoned on anti-state charges and is suffering from heart trouble, and his wife Nguyen Thi Duong Ha reached the U.S. capital Washington D.C. on Monday, according to a source speaking on condition of anonymity.
Vu, who was less than three and a half years into a seven-year jail term, had been released from prison on Sunday night local time and immediately put on a plane to the United States at Hanoi’s Noi Bai International Airport, the source told RFA’s Vietnamese Service.
A U.S. congressman who had campaigned for Vu’s release said in a statement Monday afternoon that the dissident was “now a free man.”
Lire la suite : RFA, 07/04/2014
Voir aussi :
- TS Cù Huy Hà Vũ sang Mỹ chữa bệnh, BBC, 08/04/2014.
- ‘Khó có chuyện ông Hà Vũ được trở về’, BBC, 09/04/2014.
- Ông Cù Huy Hà Vũ được trả tự do, đã đến Mỹ, Nguoi Viet, 07/04/2014.
- RFA Breaking News: Việt Nam trả tự do cho TS Cù Huy Hà Vũ, RFA, 07/04/2014.
- TS Cù Huy Hà Vũ đã đến Mỹ, RFA, 07/04/2014.
- AFP, Vietnam: libération d’un dissident de premier plan, Le Populaire, 08/04/2014.
L’analyse de Pham Chi Dung :
- Thụy My, Phạm Chí Dũng : Hãy để yên cho ông Cù Huy Hà Vũ sống như một người bình thường, RFI, 10/04/2014.